Coaches, this quiz will help you test your knowledge of Special Olympics Table Tennis.
1) Table tennis provides which of the following benefits to Special Olympics athletes?
2) Table tennis is a full body exercise that incorporates movement from all of the major muscle groups.
3) A critical skill to develop in table tennis athletes, ___________ is the foundation for striking a table tennis ball.
4) Proper footwork plays an important role in movement to the ball and hitting the ball.
5) Athletes who have not yet mastered the necessary skills to play a regulation table tennis match are eligible to participate in:
6) If an athlete struggles with introductory hand-eye coordination activities involving table tennis balls, coaches can __________.
7) It may be difficult for Special Olympics table tennis athletes to move to the ball and execute a stroke. Because of this, table tennis coaches are advised to run drills that emphasize quick movement, including:
8) When attempting to serve during competition, if a player fails to strike the ball while it is in play, he or she:
9) As they wait for an opponent to stroke the ball, athletes should:
10) If an athlete in a wheelchair strikes the ball before it crosses a sideline or takes a second bounce on his/her side of the playing surface, a let will be called.
11) During wheelchair competition, athletes are allowed to touch the playing surface with their free hand without losing a point, except for when they are actively striking the ball.
12) Athletes in wheelchairs are required to use a cushion that: