Coaching Special Olympics athletes is rewarding and makes use of the experience and knowledge coaches already have. In all sports, there are special rules and adaptions that make participation fairer, safer and more competitive for athletes of all abilities. The quiz below highlights aspects of Special Olympics football that coaches and officials should know about. Test your knowledge!
1) Special Olympics soccer competitions include which of the following outdoor team divisions?
2) During Special Olympics 5-a-side and 7-a-side soccer competitions, what happens when the ball passes over a sideline?
3) Following goalie throw-ins, the ball must touch the ground or another player before crossing the midfield line.
4) Off-sides rules are enforced in Special Olympics 5-a-side and 7-a-side soccer competitions.
5) Lineups for Unified Sports 11-a-side soccer competitions must include what combination of athletes and partners?
6) When teaching dribbling, the most important aspects to emphasize are _________.
7) When teaching athletes how to shoot, it is important for them to approach the ball __________.
8) When teaching athletes how to pass, __________ is the starting point for success.
9) When selecting a goalkeeper, it is important to look for strength in which of the following characteristics?
10) If an athlete continually kicks the ball in the air, she or he is probably __________.