The Special Olympics GET FIT FOR SPORT challenge is for everyone associated with Special Olympics, including Athletes, Families, Coaches, Volunteers, Program Staff, Board Members, and Friends.
SIGN UP FOR PALA+ NOW
Special Olympics is committed to fostering fitness and healthy lifestyle choices among its athletes and other members of the Movement. There is a PALA+ sign-up page for each of the 50 United States. JOIN NOW
The Presidential Active Lifestyle Award Plus (PALA+) is a program designed to motivate people of all ages to be physically active on a regular basis by participating in activities they enjoy.
Getting Fit with PALA+
PALA+ is one of several programs of the President’s Challenge, the premier program of the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition.
To earn the Special Olympics Get Fit for Sport PALA + Challenge Award, you must:
- Meet an activity goal minimum of 60 minutes per day (youths)
- Meet an activity goal minimum of 30 minutes per day (adults).
- Meet this activity goal for at least 5 days a week.
- Meet this activity goal for 6 out of 8 weeks.
- Focus on a healthy eating goal each week.